By the Ethical Chef
Have you ever wondered what’s in the food that hits your dinner table? No, we’re not talking about the nutritional value. You have control over that. We’re talking about whether the companies that produce the ingredients are treating their workers with dignity and respect. Does your dinner help promote good jobs and strengthen the middle class?
The Ethical Chef believes it should, and we’ve even done the research for you. Check out our scrumptious beef taco recipe with specific brand name ingredients that will help build a stronger America. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 8 servings
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (Goya)
- ½ yellow onion, diced (Dole)
- 1 lb beef (Tyson)
- Taco seasoning (Old El Paso)
- Tortillas (Old El Paso)
- Grated cheddar-jack cheese (Horizon)
- Lettuce, shredded (Dole/Amaral)
- Tomatoes, diced (Dole/Del Monte)
- Sour cream (Alta Dena)
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and onions. Cook until the onions are softened (translucent).
2. Once the onions are translucent, add the ground beef. Cook until the meat is totally browned.
3. Once browned, drain the fat and add the taco seasoning along with ½ cup of hot water and stir all ingredients together. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until all the water is gone.
4. While the beef is cooking, warm the tortillas up per the package’s instructions.
5. Once the beef and tortillas are done, serve with grated cheese, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and sour cream.
Get the latest Product Spotlights, labor blogs and more with the Labor 411 enewsletter