By Sandy Southivilay
For all the late shoppers running out of gift shopping time, why not make one instead? Here is a great gift idea that is easy and inexpensive – Reindeer Noses Holiday Treats! It only requires heading to your local union grocery stores. This gift idea is fun, yummy, and will support good jobs. Why not give it a try and earn some kudos this holiday for being crafty, creative, and for shopping union!
1 Ball Mason Jar
Might Malts Malted Milk Balls
2 packages Red Vines
1 Brown Construction Paper (International Paper)
2 Brown chenille stem or pipe cleaners
2 Googly Eyes
1 Red Pom Pom Ball
Hot glue gun
1. Cut a strip of brown construction paper approximately three inches in length. Tape the brown paper inside the jar.
2. Cut red vines into small pieces and add to the jar along with the malt balls.
3. Cut the brown pipe cleaner in half. Then, cut two pieces of one inch of another brown pipe cleaner. Twist-tie the smaller pieces to the top of the pipe cleaner that was cut in half. These are the antlers. Hot glue them to the lid.
4. Glue two googly eyes onto the center of the jars.
5. Glue a red pom pom ball just below the eyes for the nose.
Get the latest Product Spotlights, labor blogs and more with the Labor 411 enewsletter